Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Going to the chapel...

If you are a person who thinks that what is on t.v. doesn't influence kids, then let me try to persuade you to think otherwise...

Sunday evening, we were watching Father of the Bride. K was sitting on my lap at the end when it gets all sentimental and I started to hold her a little bit tighter as I thought about her someday getting married. Then, I looked around our family room at the other kids and started to tear up realizing that in a flash, they'd be old enough to get married, too. K asked me what was wrong and I told her, "Mommy is just thinking about how someday you'll be a grown-up and you'll get married, too."

Well, that was the WRONG think it say because for the rest of the evening and most of yesterday she kept reminding her siblings and me that, "Someday, I'm going to be a grown-up and I'll get married."

Obviously, she thinks that this grown-up, married thing is coming soon because now she's started making wedding plans. She's two.

She informed us last night at dinner that she'll be having a, "pretty dress" at her wedding. She'll also have a "carriage and a mean prince who she'll turn into a nice prince or a mouse" with her magic wand. Her 5 year old brother then tried to offer her advice.

"K," he said, "I know who you should marry."

"Who?" she asked.

"It's a great choice. Michael Jackson."

I almost choked on my sloppy joe. First at the thought of my daughter marrying that creature and second because how did L know about Michael Jackson? So I said through my laughter, "Why would she want to marry Michael Jackson? How do you even know who Michael Jackson is?"

"Because Mommy," he explained as though I'd just crawled out from under a rock, "Michael Jackson is an awesome basketball player. He's the best ever. Daddy told me so."

Oh yes, this was all making sense now.

"Did you mean Michael JORDAN, maybe?" I asked him.

"Yes! I meant Michael Jordan. K should marry Michael Jordan so he can give me basketball lessons."

"Yes, that's great advice. We'll be sure to let Michael Jordan know he's betrothed to marry your baby sister in 20 years. I'm sure he'll be very agreeable to that."

No comments: