Sunday, January 27, 2008

My Bucket List

The lovely Karla prompted me to do this meme. Why are they called "memes"? I don't think I like that word--meme. It's icky kind of like moist, and hygiene, and slacks. But, I digress.

Here they are in no particular order:

1. Write a children's book and get it published.
This is something I've wanted to do since I was a child. In fact, I used to write positively terrible knock offs of my favorite authors Beverly Cleary and Judy Blume.

2. Drink a glass of Dom Perignon champagne.
I don't even like champagne, but something in my head says that if the champagne is that expensive then it must taste fabulous. Most alcohol doesn't taste real fabulous, so I'm probably kidding myself.

3. Have a big family.
Cross this baby off!! This has also been on my "must do" list since I was very young. Being an only child, I always longed for a big, chaotic family with lots of noise. Be careful what you wish for...

4. Go on a vacation to Colonial Williamsburg.
This has to be done before the kids are grown and gone because it just wouldn't be any fun without them.

5. Meet somebody famous.
I don't really who I'd like this to be. I just want it to be a person that is famous for a good reason and not like someone who is a serial killer or something.

6. Take the girls to Chicago for a day at American Girl.
This will probably require as much money saving as our trip to Disney. This is a total money drainer, but it's a little girl's dream.

7. Go with Mike and the boys to Lawrence, Kansas to see a Jayhawks basketball game.
I'm not a huge sports fan, but being with a displaced Jayhawk for the past 16 years has caused me to like KU basketball. The boys would be thrilled to actually go to a game and the looks on their faces would be awesome.

8. Learn to play the cello.
Another childhood dream here. I always said I'd do this when I was pregnant. What was I thinking? How in the heck can you play the cello with a big belly in the way?

9. Take a trip to Italy.
This would be purely for the cuisine. I would eat my way through every kind of pasta and pizza I could find and then I'd return to the U.S. 20 pounds heavier.

10. Learn to decorate cakes.
I'm a pitiful cake decorator. I'm lucky to spread frosting on smoothly, so I have a huge admiration for anyone who can do even the simplest of decorating.

11. Go to a fancy schmansy spa where I'd get to stay for a few days.
This would be the ultimate in relaxation. I wouldn't ever want to leave.

12. Own a convertible.
This might have to wait until the kids are grown--and out of college--and we've paid for weddings. I might be 70, but by golly, I'm going to have a convertible to drive my grandchildren around in!

13. Meet my friend, Colleen, face to face.
We've been emailing and calling each other for the past 3 years and she knows me probably just as well, if not better, than most of my friends who see me on a regular basis. Oh the fun we would have talking and talking and talking and talking and talking...

14. Go to Mackinaw Island.
Ever since I saw "Somewhere in Time" the place has intrigued me.

So, there it is. I'm tagging YOU, dear readers! Go make your lists and report back.

2 comments:

Karla said...

I love this! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww... you know I feel the same lady!! :)