Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Saturday

I'm not writing this to impress readers with my hectic schedule. One of my biggest purposes in keeping a blog is to remember the mundane in my life. Five years from now, I will have forgotten what life was like with an 11 year old, two 5 year olds, and a 2 year old and I want to be able to look back and shake my head in disbelief.

This was my Saturday. My day off. My day to relax. My day to take it easy. Yeah, right.

8:00--wake up, eat bowl of Raisin Bran Crunch

8:15--start doing laundry

8:45--make cinnamon rolls and feed family

9:15--send husband off to referee a soccer game

9:30--get out of pajamas and make myself look presentable

10:30--make four PBJ's to take to soccer games

10:45--direction children towards their clothing; hopefully get them to put them on correctly

10:55--search for L's missing shinguard and his missing socks

11:05--find said items, fight with tangles in the girls' hair as I try to pull it back and out of their faces

11:15--leave for soccer game; drop Jonah off at soccer fields to referee a little kids' soccer game and take the rest of the kids to the store to buy snacks

12:45--arrive back at soccer field, get L's team warmed up for game

1:00--coach soccer game for 5 year olds that resemble deaf kittens on speed (they don't listen, they run in 10 different directions very fast)

2:00--soccer is done, stop to check on our friends' cat since they're out of town. Cannot find cat anywhere, assume she is dead, go home to do more laundry

3:00--husband is home, so now I head to Wal-Mart to buy flowers to plant. I take a very long time as I'm alone and no one is calling "Mommy!"

5:00--arrive home, notice lawn needs mowing, but since husband would rather cook dinner, I decide to mow the lawn

6:00--recruit children to help pull weeds

6:30--eat dinner

7:00--go to playground with girls while Mike, J and L spend some time in the batting cage

7:30--unable to get rid of the nagging feeling that our friends' cat is dead somewhere in their house, I go and search again. Find her in their attic. Stupid cat.

8:00--go to Dairy Queen with Mike and kids, eat hot fudge sundae, feel guilty for eating hot fudge sundae, laugh at how O and K eat ice cream cones.

8:30--put kids in bathtub, get their pj's on, put them in bed. Then head downstairs to play Mario Party 8 with Mike and J on the Wii.

10:00--send J to bed, watch old episode of Women's Murder Club that's been sitting on the DVR for 2 weeks--fall asleep several times during the show

11:40--wake up from uncomfortable position on couch, wash face, brush teeth, go to bed.

That was my Saturday. How was yours?

No comments: